Wherever you are, whoever you are, you’re welcome here. Our prayer is that our words would help, not hinder, that you would leave this place a little braver, a little stronger, and that you dive deep in the ocean of grace every day. – Read our top post, As Iron Sharpens Iron
We are a small group of friends trying to be the best women we can be. Together we have camped in the Canadian wilderness, stood up at each other’s weddings, and changed poopy bums side by side. We are friends who found each other sharing the same family tree, the same high school or even the odd boyfriend. Friendships like ours are born in a moment and last a lifetime.
Each of us is unique and we play to our strengths in the creation of this blog. Some of us love the execution of a well timed tweet, and some of us have never used a hashtag in our lives and probably never will. Some of us write with grace and a flowing beauty, while a few of us prefer the structure of a precisely ordered list. We are passionate about motherhood, loving people like Jesus, embracing meaningful and intentional lives, all to be enjoyed with suitable amounts of wine and chocolate. Scroll to the bottom or click on a name in the menu to learn more about each of the main contributors here at Pure Grain of Salt.
Why read our blog?
- Sharing our friendship and community with you
- North American ‘culture’ is experiencing heavy losses to its sense of community and meaningful relationships. We are blessed in both these areas and hope to share that sense of community and belonging with others like you.
- Saving you money
- With our first babies, each of us bought or acquired the whole 9-yards of baby gear of every brand and price range. By our second babies, we had wised up, and almost unanimously upgraded to some key baby items that we should have bought in the first place. The icing on the cake is when we find these items second hand! Check out our product page for some of our top recommendations so you can save yourself the research and pocketbook headaches.
- Learning from our mistakes
- Or more likely, laugh and cry alongside us as you make your own! The collective experience within our group means you only have one blog to read instead of 4 or 5! Although within our group we do not always agree (vaccines anyone?) it’s a one stop shop for both sides of an issue and everything in between.
- The joy of creating
- You’d think creating a tiny human would be enough for us, but apparently not! We write because it brings us joy and it’s an adventure we can share while our babies nap!
This blog is a *mostly* uncensored look into the lives of a few Canadian moms, taking on the world one post at a time.
We hope you enjoy.
I once planned to live the rest of my life as a single world-wanderer with dreadlocks, but married the man of my dreams three years later instead. I have been an actor, a pilot, a traveler, a chef, a writer and a runaway. Now I’m called ‘wife’ and ‘mom’. Always ‘Child of God’. …read more.
I want to share my journey as a mom and wife on this wonderful adventure called life. How we can survive parenthood and live to tell about it. I’m sharing a little piece of my world, my thoughts, experiences and the things I love along the way. …read more
I wasn’t always a wise old sage of a mom (insert an emoticon laughing hysterically) – once upon a time I was a teenager drinking till I puked, a college student with too much credit card debt, a young bride learning to be gracious with her husband and a lost soul looking for Jesus. …read more
My life revolves around chasing two kids under 3, being a homemaker and wife, living intentionally with the best girlfriends a girl could ask for, and of course wine. No surprise though – my life isn’t all sunshine and puppies. I’m also learning to work through…read more
I am a child of the Creator. A mom of two boys and 3 angel babies. Wife, partner, lover. Craver of creative outlets. A beautiful mess of stubborn strength and humbling weakness. …read more
I am in my mid-twenties. I am tired. I am fulfilled (most of the time). I am love. I am strong. I am persistent (stubborn?). I have two kids and a husband. Sometimes I am everything I need to be for them and sometimes I am not. …read more